Imperial Beverage wants every employee to have the opportunity to participate in the growth of their career and personal development, so that they can be the best they can be! We feel that building our next level of talent is crucial to the productivity and efficiency as a company. We need to educate and train our staff in order to further the goals of the organization and enhance the skills of our employees in order to Help them Succeed!!!
2016 – 2017 LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
Imperial Beverage Corporate Learning
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT GOALS:
- Actively search, creatively design and implement methods to educate and enhance the performance of our staff
- Gain a competitive advantage in the areas of recruiting and retention
- Provide an organized and intentionally designed learning and development program with well-defined outcomes and measurables
- Bring a common culture, loyalty and belonging to the company
- Maintain and further develop all our employees
- Remain competitive in today’s economy
- Provide the right resources and an environment that supports the growth and developmental needs of the individual employee
- Develop an individual development plan that is interesting, achievable, practical and realistic
BELIEFS & GUIDING PRINCIPLES:
- Help people do their job better by connecting them with knowledgeable people.
- When employees are involved in their own development plan, there is true buy-in to their development.
- Learning is a long term process. Our brains require a long period of repeated exposure at certain intervals.
- There is a direct relationship between the talents/strength of our leaders and our ability to be successful. Both now and in the future as a company
- We measure to evaluate success. We do this by tracking and evaluating results to ensure the effectiveness of training solutions linked to our company’s goals.
COMPONENT OF THE LEARNING FUNCTION:
- Monthly training Calendars
- Course descriptions
- Development tracking, reporting and proof of completion
- Testing and Certifications
- Product and Brand Information
- Instructor-led courses
- Online course offerings
Imperial Beverage University will be structured in the following segments –
- Classes for all staff; this includes classes like Intro to Wine/Beer, New Hire Orientation, Computer Classes, Imperial Operating System, etc.
- Job Specific Training; this includes the Training Guides, DOT training, Forklift Certifications, Wine 101, GSM/RSMs
- Management Program; New Manager Programs and Existing Manager Program including Interview and Screening, Team/Trust Building, and Manager’s Days each Quarter
- Leadership Training; book club, outside Leadership skills training
- Inter-Departmental Knowledge; this includes intentionally designed “Work-Withs” as well as learning by being involved in experiences that teach